Five critical things to do before you sell.
- Enhance your curb appeal with shrub maintenance, lawn treatments, and a few coats of paint where needed.
- Make sure you know the cost of any needed repairs to your house... before the buyer asks. Get repair estimates on items that need to be replaced such as a roof, basement wall, heating system, or worn carpeting. When buyers question how much things will cost to replace or repair, you will be prepared.
- Get a pre-sale home inspection and make repairs before potential buyers become concerned.
- Find, and have available, all warranties and guarantees on the furnace, appliances, and other items that will remain with the house.
- Take the time to ensure that any minor issues can be addressed quickly. Put yourself in your buyer's shoes and answer the questions before they are asked.